Monday, June 28, 2010

Like Maaaamaaa, like baaaaby

Some of the best moments of my entire day are when I cuddle my sweetie boy before he goes to sleep.

He sticks his little pink thumb in his mouth, lays his head on my chest, lets out a big sigh, and I can feel his whole body relax against me. He tucks his head under my chin, and his soft little blond chick hairs tickle my skin.

Sometimes I have to will my heart back down to my chest and stifle a joygiggle, it just makes me so happy.

Whether it's morning or afternoon nap or going to sleep for the night, I hum "Lullaby and Goodnight."

So lately, Jordan has started humming along. At first I thought it was coincidence. But he strikes up when I do, and is quiet when I am. I love it so much.

What I realized earlier today, though, is that he carries a tune about as well as I do.

Poor little feller.

HmmmHHMMhmmm MMMMMMhhaaaaaaAAAA MMMHHMMMmmmMMM MMMmm M MMMmmmmHHMM

MMMaaaaHHHHAHaahha MMhahm HAMMmmmaahhha ahhaaa Mahhhhammmaa

And there we are, humming our little hearts out, two injured farm animals, stuck in a fence.

17 comments:

  1. Awww, melt my heart! What a sweet, sweet image of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you're stuck together, all snuggly.

    And the best part is that nobody else will ever sing that lullaby quite right, in his ears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The injured farm animal thing might explain why my cat hates when I sing. Maybe her instinct is to put whatever is making that noise out of its misery.

    My mom said she knew I'd be screwed in the voice/music department when she walked in a room to find my dad singing to me while I looked at him like he was a god.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HKW - Thank you! That was another one that Nick took through the fish tank. I love the effect! There is probably an iphone app that mimics dirty smudgey baby-fingered glass, water, fishtank debris...

    Dagny - It is just the best thing in my world.

    And you know, you're right! Those mama does it this way things are powerful!

    Lisa - Ah, I'll be sure to never ever sing around your cat if I ever meet her.

    And that image in my head is adorable! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, maybe he's trying to make you feel good about your humming abilities by joining in in a similar style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, poor baby!!!

    Maybe he'll grow into his voice???

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorably cute. But poor Nick, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lacochran's evil twin - Um. Or maybe he thinks I'm a GREAT hummer and is just trying to hum along! Hmmmph!

    P - Nick has a really nice, deep voice and I'm hoping Jordan winds up with the same. Fingers crossed!

    Hillary - Thanks, lovey!

    LiLu - :)

    Carla - He's not in there with us. It's poor Nick when we have to sing Old MacDonald over and over and over. Poor, poor Nick.

    Kate - Thank you. I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely picture and sweet sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very sweet.

    loving your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And at 17 J will be doing what my Ben does and belting out hits with you (at the top of our lungs trying to out-sing eachother really badly BTW) along with car radio on way to school/football whatever. Such fun and thank god no one can hear us. We do however get very strange looks from people in other cars.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 知道他有了外遇
    面對他的低聲下氣妳冷嘲熱諷、無理取鬧
    妳瘋狂似的大吵大鬧
    甚至到他的公司去亂、向他的親友抱怨、向鄰居們哭訴…
    妳把他的外遇鬧的人盡皆知
    最後,妳把他的愧疚消耗殆盡…
    最後,妳把他想要回頭的念頭打消…
    最後,妳自己把他推向外遇的第三者身邊…

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny. The memories you're making are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 人家都說男人到大陸都會外遇包二奶
    老婆淚眼說擔心他外遇
    他了解老婆的擔心,只好用錢去彌補分離的缺憾
    漸漸的,老婆的電話愈來愈少…
    她說,她是怕自己太依賴
    漸漸的,他知道其實是她有了外遇
    於是,面對自己外遇的行為,他忽然覺得好過了些…

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it.